cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox keeps going back to the top of the folder when scrolling via VoiceOver on iOS 18.

Dropbox keeps going back to the top of the folder when scrolling via VoiceOver on iOS 18.

ccooke228
New member | Level 2

I am a user who happens to be blind, using VoiceOver, the screen reader for my iPhone 15 Pro. I am using the latest version of dropbox updated six days ago as of October 14. When I am in a long list of files and I touch my screen, I am able to use the usual scrolling gestures. However, when I touch the screen again after scrolling several pages of a folder, focus is lost and jumps back to the first item in the folder, several screens up. This jumping of focus does not happen in other Apps on my phone, notably mail where I have 100 or so messages in my inbox. I am running iOS 18.0.1. I do hope this issue can be addressed and fixed because I use Dropbox a lot and love it! It is a major disruption of my workflow to have the focus jump around so much that I can barely locate a file that I need and when I find it, the focus may jump to a screen much farther up from the one I'm working on. Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for posting on our forum today, @ccooke228.

Did you notice this behavior after the last Dropbox update or is this something that started happening even prior to that? 

What you can try, if you haven’t already, is to clear the Dropbox app’s cache and reinstall it on your device with these steps: 

1) Clear the cache on your Dropbox app

To clear your cache, please follow the steps listed below:

Navigate to the “Account” tab

Tap the gear icon in the upper-left corner of the screen

Scroll to the bottom of the screen

Select “Clear Cache” under "Privacy"

2) Uninstall the Dropbox App

3) Sign out of the App Store

4) Restart your device

5) Sign into the App Store

6) Download and Install Dropbox

7) Try to sign into your Dropbox account

Let me know how it goes and we’ll take it from there.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

iar
Dropbox Staff

Hi @ccooke228

I'm one of the engineers responsible for the file list on the iOS app. Thanks for raising this issue! We haven't seen this crop up in our testing or other user feedback, so it's great to have your detailed report.

After trying the steps suggested by @Nancy, could you provide a few more details? Specifically: What version of the app are you running? Does this happen only within folders you access through the Files tab or also folders accessed from the Home tab? Does the issue occur in non-folder file lists such as Recents or Starred, which are also accessed from the Home tab?

I'd also ask you to try a different iPhone or iPad if you've got one. And if you haven't got one, a possible workaround for the short term might be to use the web interface. Not ideal, but if it gets your workflows unstuck then it's worth trying.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

iar Dropbox Staff
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?