cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox for specific desktop accounts

Dropbox for specific desktop accounts

aarceng
New member | Level 2

I work from home and have several different windows accounts on my PC. Most are personal and only one is used for work. I want Dropbox to open automatically when I log into my work account but not when I log into other accounts. So far it seems I can have it open automatically for none or all. My work around is to add it to the taskbar so I can open it with one click, but can it open automatically for selected accounts (one in my case) but not for others.

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@aarceng wrote:

I want Dropbox to open automatically when I log into my work account but not when I log into other accounts. So far it seems I can have it open automatically for none or all.

Disable the automatic start for all accounts, then create your own shortcut for Dropbox and place it in the Start Up folder for the accounts that you want it to start automatically.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?