cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox for Android

Dropbox for Android

79schultz
Helpful | Level 6
Version 266.2.2

Can't even open the app, just crashes.
86 Replies 86

ccurtin1
Helpful | Level 6
I'm having the same issue on Pixel 4xl. Silent crash. Rebooted phone and cleared cache. Will uninstall/reinstall now

dava92
Explorer | Level 4

Dropbox keeps crashing. Will not open. Pixel 5 with the latest update. Tried all the steps in this thread. Still crashing.

ccurtin1
Helpful | Level 6

uninstall/reinstall still crashes. Do you have a link to an older version we all can go back to?

drntiger
Explorer | Level 4

Same here.  Pixel 3a XL with Android 12 and March 2022 patch with latest Dropbox release.  Silently crashes on launch every time.  Cleared cache and data files, uninstalled and reinstalled.  Dropbox will then open but crashes and continues to crash as before as soon as I Iog in. 

ek10
Helpful | Level 5

same thing, installed march android 12 update, after restart my phone, tried launching Dropbox, in 3 seconds it silently disappeared into background....

i really wish i could have the last working version of DropBox...

Reddo
Explorer | Level 4
They've had a month to fix it, but so far have done nothing.

Bcfour
Explorer | Level 3
They have been interacting with me directly, which I do appreciate. That said, the most recent request was for me to check my camera upload setting in the Dropbox app. You know .... The one that doesn't even open.

Reddo
Explorer | Level 4
They shouldn't need to ask you to do something, it's pretty easy to install an Android emulator with the latest version, turn it on and boom it doesn't work. That would be way more useful for them.

Besides that I know for a fact my camera setting is turned off.

Bcfour
Explorer | Level 3
Same. I know for a fact mine is off as well. Or was.

ek10
Helpful | Level 5

often times its not the problem itself that causes biggest headache, but the way one handles it (including the PR and responses to disgruntled users)

I was hoping to hear/see something resembling the following:
1. acknowledgement of the issue (eg: yes the app keeps crashing)
2. info on the cause of it (eg: yes we detected some incompatibility with latest android OS)
3. time frame for an acceptable fix (eg; we are working on a patch for this particular issue which should be released in 2 weeks or so...)

then I will say nothing else till the promised time for the fix, and their customer support team would have easier life...

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

alexeymedvedevskih Explorer | Level 4
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    ain15412 New member | Level 2
    dmcity7 New member | Level 2
    Dreem2001 Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?