cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox for Android

Dropbox for Android

79schultz
Helpful | Level 6
Version 266.2.2

Can't even open the app, just crashes.
86 Replies 86

Dreem2001
Helpful | Level 5

@Megan I received e-mail that ticket is closed but I can't look into it. The link forwards me to the common Support page. 🙂 

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Dreem2001, sorry to jump in, but are you still having issues with this?

Have you tried accessing your ticket through your email's inbox?

If you can't find it there, you might want to take a look at your spam/junk folder as well.

Otherwise, just let me know here and I'll open a new ticket for you  to look further into this issue. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Dreem2001
Helpful | Level 5

Hello. I still do not see the ticket but finally, I needed Dropbox to work on the mobile ASAP and spent some time to investigate.

It turned out that the problem is caused by enabled 2FA. I just disabled 2FA, installed the mobile app from scratch and login to the application without problems. After I enabled 2FA back. The app doesn't ask re-login. Than't all. 

dmcity7
New member | Level 2

What's a 2FA?

ain15412
New member | Level 2

I read though entire section with reports of Dropbox app crashing right upon installation on Android devices. I didn't find a solution (though I did try different ritualistic tricks like clering the cash/ re-installing etc) to my very same problem on Oppo 6 (running on Android 12). To check one of the ideas found here (that the problem is with Android 12) I tried to install the App on my Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 8: no deal - it won't even let me sign in correctly. 

So the problem is with the app, not with OS or the hardware - it's there where the engineers should look into.

And by the way - I am quite an old user to remember that everything worked perfectly at the beginning, and it worked very well as an extension with the best android file manager - ES Explorer - now an outcast on Google play (with no equal on the horizon) 

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @ain15412, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Have you tried completely uninstalling the Dropbox mobile app from your device and reinstalling it anew? 

If you happen to be on the Basic plan, make sure to have no more than 3 devices connected to your account as you might be hitting your account's device limit.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

alexeymedvedevskih
Explorer | Level 4
Hi. I want to leave my experience here. I have a new pixel 7 pro. at startup during authorization, everything hung and the screen blinked. There was already such behavior in the thread above. It worked for me after I removed one of the connected devices in the web version and enabled two-factor authentication. probably the removal of the old connected device helped more, but it is not at all clear why I did not receive a notification saying this. I think this is a bug. hope for a fix in the future
Need more support?