cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox for Android

Dropbox for Android

79schultz
Helpful | Level 6
Version 266.2.2

Can't even open the app, just crashes.
86 Replies 86

gamorofi7
Explorer | Level 4
Yes I suspect it is related to the lastest Pixel security update. Same behavior on my Pixel 4

tjsainsb
New member | Level 2

Dropbox is crashing on my Pixel 3a after the Android 12 update.  I've tried clearing cache and storage, uninstalling, restarting and reinstalling.

Christobel S.
New member | Level 2
I'm having the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy S10. Dropbox opens, I can get to my folders, but files won't open.

chrchr
New member | Level 2

Same exact issue here. Pixel 4 Android 12. Dropbox 270.2.2 app crashes immediately after launching. Blue screen with dropbox-icon and then immediately closes.
2 times new installation. Wiped cache and storage. No result. Deleted, rebooted, reinstalled. No result. 

ccurtin1
Helpful | Level 6

The last update loads fine again. Thanks for your help.

Jeffmik
Explorer | Level 4
CCURTIN1 - which version do you have? I haven't seen a new one come for a few days. I'm on 270.2.2 and it's not working.

ek10
Helpful | Level 5

latest DropBox apps update solved it. Its working fine now for me. Thanks DropBox!

Bcfour
Explorer | Level 3
Still not working here. Very frustrating.

Jeffmik
Explorer | Level 4
I'm in the beta and haven't received an update but went to APK mirror and found 270.2.4 Hopefully I dodged all the spammy bull**bleep** links but it does seem to have been fixed in this version.

ek10
Helpful | Level 5

thats odd. im on beta program too. but I got the DropBox apps update over the last weekend, and its working fine now.

Need more support?