cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox folder as File Explorer default open location

Dropbox folder as File Explorer default open location

amcoffice
Collaborator | Level 10

How can I make my Dropbox folder on my Dell Inspiron 7506 2n1 the default loction when File Explorer is opened?

Also is there way to pin Dropbox folder in File Explorer open so it does not collapse every time I close File Explorer?

Thanks,

Judith

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@amcoffice wrote:

How can I make my Dropbox folder on my Dell Inspiron 7506 2n1 the default loction when File Explorer is opened?

That's not a function of Dropbox. You'll need to find a way to do that using the options available in Windows. Typically, you would just create a new shortcut to Explorer and give it the path to your chosen start folder as an extra parameter.

Also is there way to pin Dropbox folder in File Explorer open so it does not collapse every time I close File Explorer?

Likewise, that's not something Dropbox has any control over, and it's not really possible in Windows either. See here.

amcoffice
Collaborator | Level 10

Thank you. I'll keep searching. 

Need more support?