cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox app on Windows 11 not launching and it gives errors when trying to uninstall/reinstall

Dropbox app on Windows 11 not launching and it gives errors when trying to uninstall/reinstall

Ama92
Explorer | Level 3

On Windows 11 OS, my Dropbox application does not launch (bunch of error messages).
I tried repairing it by uninstalling / reinstalling it but I have the error message that the DropboxUninstaller.exe file (in Client folder) is corrupted.

Installing Dropbox (without uninstalling) does not work either (error code 0x80004002).

Is there any way to retrieve / download a default Dropbox uninstaller exe file? 

Thanks.

12 Replies 12

Ama92
Explorer | Level 3

Hello.

Yes you can reach out to me by email.

Thanks

Jay
Dropbox Staff

HI @Ama92, I've sent you an email, please could you reply to it when you get a chance.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Skomantas
New member | Level 2

Hello,

Exactly the same thing is happening to me right now. Are there any updates on this thread, has any solution been found to fix this issue? 

Edit: I have just fixed the issue by downloading a new Dropbox Installer and running it without removing the old Dropbox installation, this fixed it and Dropbox is now launching without errors.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Skomantas New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    Ama92 Explorer | Level 3
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?