cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox APP missing

Dropbox APP missing

ConstructoraBCN
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

The main reason why the construction company that I represent, had decided to start using Dropbox instead of a server are 2

1) Everything is in the iCloud no need to have computers with a lot of memory capacity

2) Everything was really easy to manage with the Dropbox App with the PC and Handy, especially in terms of internal communication, being able to leave a message and comments or instructions on each document or folder, and all the documents no matter which format was easy to visualize, you had a preview of any document... so when you get in a folder you see the documents, not just the name and format (like now).

The main reason why the construction company that I represent, had decided to start searching for a substitution of Dropbox

No Dropbox APP = We are searching for a new solution.     WE USE TO OPERATE ALWAYS DIRECTLY THROUGH THE APP

Dropbox's website is not easy to manage as was with the app...

Dropbox's website; you can see a preview of each document, has issues to open lots of formats, etc...

Dropbox's website; not comfortable to interact with a team big as our

Dropbox's Desk; in order to see the previews I do have to synchronize all so... use the memory capacity of my computer.. so If you have a 2 T of information, you better get a PC with this capacity... Why use a Cloud if at the end you need to use your computer memory capacity? Can someone explain me????

Dropbox Desk; no way to internally communicate with a team, no way to leave a message or tag anyone in a comment...

Resume:

Dropbox instead of going forward... is going backward... The App was a great and easy solution for big corporations... 

My team and I are absolutely disappointed that you have deleted the App, and we HATE and find useless the Desk solution.

I hope you fix the App soon, otherways you are definitely losing us as clients...

55 Replies 55

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Sheila M.8, sorry to jump in here!

Can you send us a screenshot of the icon you click on your end when trying to access the app's settings, please? That'll help us get a clear visual of what is happening on your end. 

Is this the one you're clicking on your end?

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Phil37
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

No features were removed?? STOP! Just stop. I don't know what this company thinks to accomplish by fooling and lying to themselves. The app literally worked perfectly and had no problems, then we're all forced to move to these sub-par versions of the platform because some whiny man children WHO NEVER PAID MONEY FOR THIS LIKE THOSE OF US WHO USE IT FOR BUSINESS just makes the corporate branch of the company cow-tow to their complaints without asking the rest of us how we feel about it. You guys literally can't bring back the APP for a year?!?!?! There's literally nothing wrong with it you could bring it back right this second. Quit lying. It's ridiculously obvious. 

Do you people have any idea how many employee hours you've cost us by wasting our time with the crappy windows explorer and online versions of the program? We are seriously looking for another program to replace Dropbox because of how inefficient these versions we have to use are. "...you can still use your Finder or File Explorer without an issue." Literally using either of these at any point every single day is an issue. I have to have multiple dropbox links open in my browser now consistently because the File Explorer can and will delete files without my permission at random for now reason without being prompted to do so. Oh yeah, I also have to have it open on my browser even when I don't use it in browser because your File Explorer version IS NOT CAPABLE of searching inside of files like PDFs whereas the Dropbox App had no problem doing this ever.

There is such a plethora of reasons that not having the desktop APP has negatively impacted our work experience. You guys seriously need to come back to reality of where your customers exist because there is not a single good reason to have removed the app. Who is it in upper management that needs to be FIRED for this??

If you wanted to improve your product you wouldn't have gotten rid of the app! Bring back the APP now!

KimFelton
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I feel @Phil37 's frustration. The Dropbox app included spaces that contained instructions and a hierarchy about the filed within that sub-folder. To say that no functionality was removed is to say that you've never actually used the desktop client. Even in the web version , all of the instructions and notes for the folders are gone. This was a huge change without alerting the customers, so I didn't even have the ability to save them in a document. Between not being able to update my OS to the latest Monterey release, losing the ability to use  a functional client outside of finder, and the devil-may-care attitude of Dropbox, I have already been searching for migration options. As a law firm owner, I need something reliable and without the worry of losing my files. I've seen numerous posts of files being wiped out suddenly or accounts being de-coupled from devices, out of nowhere. This kind of thing could cost me my bar license. I'm not taking any further chances waiting for Dropbox to listen to the customer base.

mftuchman65
Explorer | Level 4

I'm afraid I have to disagree.  The file explorer makes it more difficult to change some settings in Dropbox, such as its co-opting of the print-screen key.   I don't see a preferences menu unique to Dropbox in the file explorer app.

Mark
Super User II

@mftuchman65 wrote:

I'm afraid I have to disagree.  The file explorer makes it more difficult to change some settings in Dropbox, such as its co-opting of the print-screen key.   I don't see a preferences menu unique to Dropbox in the file explorer app.

Thats because there isnt on. 

You need to open the menu from Dropbox itself and then you can do things like disable screen shots. For info it is on the 'Backup' tab of the preferences menu. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

UVDL
New member | Level 2

Honestly, the ease of the Dropbox app was what made us as a company push our collaborators toward you over Google. The biggest benefit we found was being able to expand all of the folders to see what additions had been made to our shared folders. 

Windows does not have that ability and forces us to physically open each folder and go back rather than being able to view everything in expanded form. 

Sincerely, 

A disgruntled customer

Need more support?