cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Suddenly Dropbox not working on all of my Mac

Can't open the Dropbox desktop application on Mac OS 13.4

MountainDog
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Upgrade my Macbook Pro from 2018 to a new 2023 Macbook Pro M2. Installed the latest version of DB,, and the app crashes after a few minutes. However, I installed an older Intel version and it r,uns without crashing. I am a paying customer of DB. Tried running the adv reinstall (https://help.dropbox.com/installs/advanced-reinstall), and it installed the Intel version. Which is seems stable. Ideally, I would like to run DB natively. Open to suggestions and ideas.

Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 3.33.41 PM.png

M2 Proc

76 Replies 76

bhak
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

So far so good.  It would have fallen over by now.  Time will tell.  Thanks.

william1111
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Megan, thanks for the support here.

It seems that many, perhaps even thousands of your customers had this issue, and I think it behooves you to post an explainer and pin it to the top of this forum—and/or push an update that resolves it ASAP.

Fortunately, I was able to fix the issue without too much trouble:

1. Turned off the "Early releases" option in "General" preferences on Safari browser at: https://www.dropbox.com/account/general

2. Cleared Safari cache, then quit and reopened it and logged back into Dropbox to confirm the above change.

3. Downloaded and installed build from: https://www.dropbox.com/install

I know this hasn't worked for everyone—and while clearing the Safari cache and restarting it might have been overkill, I would encourage anyone still having issues to be sure to verify that "Early releases" is toggled off before downloading the installer (and if the download page was already open, make certain that it's at least been refreshed since changing the settings). I believe I saw a post suggesting that different versions are downloaded from that page depending on the app's current preferences.

The strangest part for me is that I had already turned off "Early releases" in my browser ages ago, thanks to a suggestion from your support team—and I'm 99.9% sure I didn't reenable it, given the issues it caused me in the past. Is there a chance that Dropbox automatically/accidentally reenabled it without my knowledge?

Thanks in advance!

William

wisiena
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi!

Im my case it helped on M2 and Intel Mac.

Thank you!

(M.) 

golf4grl
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

The application is now working and staying in the menu bar.  However, when I go into Outlook to send an email and attach a file from dropbox - there is no way to attach the file.  Dropbox is not even an option.   It used to appear under locations - now nowhere....

MountainDog
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I turned off early release. Downloaded and reinstalled. So far, so good. It's been "up" for a few minutes.

MITUL
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Suddenly Dropbox not working on all of my Mac. I've two macbook pro and 3 iMac all OS is Ventura 13.4 

keremebrulee
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am having the same problem with the same system. 

MITUL
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Now I'm in chat with support team

CallmeKK
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have a brand new MBA 15" M2 - and was DB app was fine yesterday and the app died today. After three re-stalls, seems to be ok now. Odd for sure. 

Ventura 13.4 

CallmeKK
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have a brand new MBA 15" M2 - and was DB app was fine yesterday and the app died today. After three re-stalls, seems to be ok now. Odd for sure. 

Ventura 13.4 

Need more support?