cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring back the green 'synced' checkmark in the system tray.

Bring back the green 'synced' checkmark in the system tray.

wowtah
Helpful | Level 6

In my Windows system tray (next to the clock), Dropbox used to show that it was fully synced by showing a green check-mark over the Dropbox icon. This was really helpfull. 

If Dropbox was offline, it would show no overlay icon. 

Recently (and according to Dropbox itsself) this has changed, the Dropbox icon now shows no overlay if it is fully synced, but to me, i constantly think my Dropbox is offline, instead of 'fully synced'.

So the idea is: please bring back the green 'fully synced' checkmark. Or -at least- make it an option to show it. 

Please upvote this idea if you agree :white_check_mark:

336 Replies 336

Bernhard B.1
Explorer | Level 4

Please bring back the green Icon!

GregAmy
Helpful | Level 7

Still sucks.

Just sayin'.

kernnab
New member | Level 2

Some Dropbox PM who thought up this awful idea of removing the green tick, is desperately sticking to their guns, because if they backpedal it will be a big red mark against them when it comes to review time and bonuses. Probably convincing their manager that we're just the vocal minority, and we'll soon go away. Do the right thing! Bring back the green tick!!!

misterwar
Explorer | Level 4

I agree with kernnab. I still hate seeing the Dropbox icon without the green checkmark! I never know when it is synced with a glance as before! Bring the green checkmark back, people! I don't care that you had a vision of all your plataforms looking the same; in the PC, it worked great as it was. This is reminding me of the Windows 8 stupidity of how it would it would work the same on PCs and tablets... That turned out well.

Allan G.
Helpful | Level 5
It is now 3 months exactly since this thread was started. So after 3 months of seeing the new look icon, are things any better, has my brain adjusted to the new styling? Do I glance at the icon and relax secure in the knowledge that all is well? Sorry, NO. I'm still double-checking and questioning it, especially as I use several screens (linux pc, windows laptop, netbook) and it looks slightly different on each of them due to different screen specifications. Dropbox, please admit you made a mistake and listen to your users.

bpcscott
Explorer | Level 4

Yep still getting constant users queries about Dropbox not updating!  When it is, just no easy user confirmation!  Come on!!!  

RobotPsykolog
Helpful | Level 5

It has been said before, but this must be considered the absolutely dumbest update Dropbox has made ever! I have loved Dropbox, no error ever. Now I start to loose data because I do not know if my machine is synced. My Linux vmware virtual machine has problem sync dropbox. But I do not know it is synced or not! Because there is no green check mark anymore!

It is SOO anoying!

nei a.
Experienced | Level 11

still not used to this, can we have it optionally back?

or some other "clear" indicator (instead of implicit  none )

Responsible P.
New member | Level 2
Please can we have the icon back with a green tick to show that Dropbox is synced? It's an easy way to be sure it's working correctly in a nice visual way.

GregAmy
Helpful | Level 7

Aaaaaand....yeah, still sucks.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

wowtah Helpful | Level 6
    jopothai Helpful | Level 5
    nei a. Experienced | Level 11
    MatG-DK Helpful | Level 7
What do Dropbox user levels mean?