cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defective Dropbox Win10 update and installation file

Defective Dropbox Win10 update and installation file

Jonsblog
New member | Level 2

Your most recent Win 10 update and the Win 10 installation file offered on your website are both defective, though my account files on your website and via my iPhone still work just fine.

You automatically updated an operative Dropbox on my Windows 10 (64 bit) PC three days ago, rendering it inoperative.  No previously operative links to it, as well as directly clicking on the recently update dropbox.exe file now work. All now simply time out with no error message.

So I downloaded your install file from your web site and ran it.  It ran and exited without running Dropbox (as most updates typically do).  No improvement. Dropbox will still not run on this machine, even after rebooting.

So I downloaded and ran your installation file on another Windows 10 (64 bit) machine which had no previously installed Dropbox as a test. Same result.  It won't run on that machine either.

Both machines are running the latest versions of Windows 10 64 bit.

So what's the problem, and how do we fix it?

1 Reply 1

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Sorry to hear that you're having this issue, @Jonsblog.

Do you have any security programs, like an antivirus, VPN or firewall that could be affecting the installation?

If so, try to turn them off temporarily, to see if it helps.

Otherwise, can you try the offline installer and let me know how it goes?

Thanks.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?