cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Bring back the green 'synced' checkmark in the system tray. Dropbox now looks offline all the ti

Bring back the green 'synced' checkmark in the system tray.

wowtah
Helpful | Level 6

In my Windows system tray (next to the clock), Dropbox used to show that it was fully synced by showing a green check-mark over the Dropbox icon. This was really helpfull. 

If Dropbox was offline, it would show no overlay icon. 

Recently (and according to Dropbox itsself) this has changed, the Dropbox icon now shows no overlay if it is fully synced, but to me, i constantly think my Dropbox is offline, instead of 'fully synced'.

So the idea is: please bring back the green 'fully synced' checkmark. Or -at least- make it an option to show it. 

Please upvote this idea if you agree :white_check_mark:

336 Replies 336

dragonfire67
Explorer | Level 4
Please Dropbox, bring back the green check. It was a good idea when Dropbox first started; it is still a good idea today.

I wonder what made Dropbox designers think the green check mark is suddenly - after years of happy customers - bad.

Anna K.21
Explorer | Level 4

Bring it back PLEASE

MatG-DK
Helpful | Level 7

Dropbox!!! Where is the big problem?

I don't understand why you hesitate or even try to ignore this?

If you can make new icons, you should be able to make an option in settings where you can choose what icons you like most.

Comon, you wont try to tell us all that the green tick is to hard to implement in a newer version?

FFS, maybe you should have let your users vote what they like, before rolling out the new icons.

#BringBackTheGreenTick

pauljohnson1222
New member | Level 2

I can see no logic for taking this away. Even if there is some reason, make it an option.

10basetom
Explorer | Level 4

Removing the green checkmark is a step backwards, especially for color-blind people. Even for folks who are not color-blind, it can be difficult to differentiate between a gray icon and a white icon if you set your monitor to low brightness or night mode.

Scott C.67
Helpful | Level 5

I fear this thing must go viral for Dropbox to restore our green tick! So, if you're on Twitter, get on board with the hashtag...

#BringBackTheGreenTick

Hinairusu
New member | Level 2

To be honest, I'd be happy with a toggle option for it, and if they want to keep the colour scheme simple, even a black and white tick would be really appreciated.
The green stands out, but anything would be better than the current image - which just looks like the old offline.

Pair that with my patchy internet, and it becomes really important to me to know when my dropbox has desynced.

RichardKLee
Explorer | Level 4

I really don't understand why would anyone design something like this?  Make no sense... 

I already went on the thier Twitter and Twit this:

#BringBackTheGreenTick

Scott C.67
Helpful | Level 5

That's great. We need more! More people tweeting their frustration, with the hashtag:

#BringBackTheGreenTick

Keep it going, folks!

olleh
Explorer | Level 4

I am sure that Dropbox won't change it back to the old icon.  Anyhow, my feeling for dropbox went downhill from here. 

Need more support?