cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We just wanted to say thank you! Check out our customer appreciation video here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alphabet slider

Alphabet navigation on ipad disappeared

TroyP
Helpful | Level 6

The alphabet navigation disappeared on our ipad os version 16.7.2, dropbox version 362.7.  We rely on that to navigate the numerous files we have.  How do I get it back?

55 Replies 55

Michael 103673
Helpful | Level 6

1. I do like the new format of having file names wrap so you can see the entire name. The old style of File…name with dots imbedded in the name was quite cumbersome and misleading at times.

2. It appears that the Alphabet Slider has been replaced with a scroll element (circular with three horizontal bars).

May I suggest that you give the user an option in Settings to Show Alphabet Slider or Show Scroll Element.

Thanks,

Michael

JYamas
New member | Level 2
Why would Dropbox remove the alphabet slider tool on the side of the files in their new version? That's like going backwards in technology and ergonomics. Please bring it back!!

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey everyone, thanks for reporting this and for your feedback.

Our team has made an update on this, which you can find here.

I hope it helps.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Badibiagio
Helpful | Level 6
Hi, the scrubber function is VERY inconsistent and slow to navigate. I imagine I am not alone in the feeling. I would love to have the alphabet navigation back (please!).

Broadwaymhl
Helpful | Level 6
Agreed!!

GreggM
Helpful | Level 6

Agree 100%.  The new scrubber button is still imprecise, jerks around and is slow and hard to use.    My live shows suffer due to this☹️

Please, Dropbox - - return the alphabet index.  We are desperate and begging.  PLEASE!! 

Need more support?