cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: All files moved to online only

All files moved to online only

pb1234
New member | Level 2

I recently updated to dropbox for mac and all files and folders have been moved to online only and have to be downloaded if I want to view/access them meaning I can't access them while offline. All files with have the grey cloud icon with the downwards pointing arrow next to them - clicking on this does nothing - the icon changes to a blank grey cloud icon but the file is not downloaded.

These are all files that were stored on my mac previously but it seems like dropbox has moved them off my mac. Is there any way to fix this?

13 Replies 13

Jay
Dropbox Staff

No worries, glad to have helped out, enjoy the rest of your week!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

rohanvt
New member | Level 2

Hi. I'm just looking for a way to make all my files "online only" without having to do each one individually? I feel sure there must be a way, but I could do with a little help to work it out. Thank you! 

Rich
Super User II

@rohanvt wrote:

I'm just looking for a way to make all my files "online only" without having to do each one individually?

Select all the files at once, right-click and select Make online-only.

effinsyv
Helpful | Level 5

So, I've been at gettin my dropbox sorted out again for the third time in a year because it wouldn't stop caching files for weeks on end. Two weeks ago, I blew dropbox away and reinstalled the whole thing. After an entire weekend of syncing and manually selecting all of the local folders on my computer to sync offline and online, I go and look at my files today and they are all online only again! Everything was downloaded and synced three days ago. The only thing I did was setup dropbox backup for my HD yesterday (which took another three hours). that worked fine until I realized today that my entire last weekend of getting my files downloaded from dropbox was wasted (again). Dropbox worked like a charm for the last 15 years, but the last year has been one of the worst software experiences I've ever had. I'm clearly doing something wrong. Anyone have a suggestion as to why DB would override my downloads and push it to online only? I can't waste any more time on this. None of my other online storage services are giving me this much issue.

Need more support?