cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Dropbox Backup on Mobile?

Access Dropbox Backup on Mobile?

kevin_kjkadjshfs
New member | Level 2

New Dropbox customer here. I've signed up for Dropbox backup, and looking to use it to fully replace my Backblaze account.

Is it possible yet (or planned) to access the Dropbox backup files from the mobile? Or should I just put everything into the Dropbox folder if I prefer that?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for posting your question here, @kevin_kjkadjshfs

Just to be on the same page, are you referring to our computer backup feature or have you upgraded your Dropbox account to a Backup plan instead? 

At the moment, it’s not possible to access your backups from your mobile app like you can from the desktop app/website, and unfortunately, I can’t guarantee when, or if, this will change in the future.

However, I can definitely pass this as feedback to our team on your behalf. 

So, for now, you can do what you suggested and create a copy of your computer files within Dropbox, so that you can access them from all devices, like you want to. 

Hope this helps!

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

androidisaloser
Explorer | Level 4

Wait, is that really the solution? I've had a Dropbox backup of my Mac for over a decade and this new Dropbox Backups integration essentially moves those files to a separate location that's inaccessible on mobile? That seems like a huge feature reduction for a change users didn't appear to be able to opt out of. Accessing desktop files on the go is arguably the #1 reason anyone would use a cloud backup service other than redundancy, so this change is confusing, to say the least. Manually duplicating those files to a separate location at the expense of paid storage space is an inefficient workaround.

Honestly surprised at this. Being able to view Backups within the Dropbox mobile app seems like a no-brainer,

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

androidisaloser Explorer | Level 4
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?