cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 computers

3 computers

Andrew S.98
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have 3 computers I use to connect. I have replaced on with a different pc with the same name etc. How do I tell dropbox this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Andrew S.98 wrote:

I have 3 computers I use to connect. I have replaced on with a different pc with the same name etc. How do I tell dropbox this?

The name of the computer doesn't matter. Just install Dropbox on the new computer and sign in with the same account used on the other computers. If you've reached your device limit (3 devices for a Basic account), you may need to remove the old computer from the list of devices on your Security page. Once you do that, you'll be able to add the new one.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Andrew S.98 wrote:

The name of the computer doesn't matter. Just install Dropbox on the new computer and sign in with the same account used on the other computers. If you've reached your device limit (3 devices for a Basic account), you may need to remove the old computer from the list of devices on your Security page. Once you do that, you'll be able to add the new one.

Andrew S.98
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks. Sorted! Just what I was looking for - but could not find. My impression is that the only interest Dropbox has in me is getting me onto a bigger plan!!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Andrew S.98 Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?