cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: .xlsx files are supported but something went wrong

.xlsx files are supported but something went wrong

GigiB1
Explorer | Level 3

Hi there, 

I see this has been asked several times before, but my issue has still not been resolved.

I have recently not been able to open this file, but keep getting this error message.

The file is password-protected and is 377.5kb in size, I am trying to access it from the web (not dropbox app) on my desktop and my mobile.  

The file is not corrupt, because if I download it, it opens fine. I simply want to open and view it yet it does not work. I have downloaded it and uploaded a copy but I'm still getting the same error.

It works perfectly fine through the dropbox app.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thank you.

12 Replies 12

winnieB
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I've got the same message on Samsung pc Windows 11.  My backup is several years old for that excel file.  I try two recent pw's but neither works.  Have no idea how it may have been changed.

winnieB
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Only one other excel file in that folder opens but is not pw protected.  Having trouble getting dropbox to work on my phone but that is user error.  The affected excel file contains all my pw's so am reluctant to download it.  Looks like I am pretty screwed...

-winston

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @winnieB - sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Can you please let us know if this file is a shared one or if you're the original owner? 

Are you able to preview it on the website normally or on your devices after downloading or exporting the file locally? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?