cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I upload my images to Dropbox, it COMPLETELY changes the color.

When I upload my images to Dropbox, it COMPLETELY changes the color.

Ivymagazines
New member | Level 2

When i upload my images to dropbox, dropbox COMPLETELY changes the colour and adds a strange blue/yellow filter
It’s definitely a dropbox issue and does not lie with the files themselves as no other server does this

12 Replies 12

Rich
Super User II

If you're viewing the file on the Dropbox website, you're looking at a transcoded preview of the original. To view the original file, download and open it on your computer.

Ivymagazines
New member | Level 2

I uploaded these images for the purpose of a client previewing the images. They have always been previewable in the original colour previously, i don't want my client to have to download 100 files just to preview, the preview should not be in the incorrect colour. i have never run into this problem before so rather than a quick fix of downloading to see the original, i'd prefer to know why the preview is now suddenly messed up, as it's never been before.

Fraser Schenck
New member | Level 2

Hi

I am experiencing the same problem, especially with photos with bigger file sizes, they de-saturate and get a green tint. Even when I download it from dropbox it is still different than my original photo. 
Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Fraser Schenck, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Could you please clarify how exactly are you uploading the problematic photos to your Dropbox account and where exactly are you previewing them?

Is it through the mobile app or via our website through a web browser for example? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

NPaladino
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I am having this same issue, I uploaded about 350 raw unedited photos for a client to view to pick their top favorites for me to edit and every single photo is tinted green on both my screen and their screen.  This is really upsetting because I paid for the upgraded professional dropbox as a professional platform for my photography business and this is a headache. Is there a fix for this problem?

Thank you,

NPaladino

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @NPaladino, thanks for posting here! 

How exactly did you upload the content on your end? Which platform did you use? 

Also, if you download a test file from Dropbox, do you still see the green tint?

Keep me posted!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

gudmormedia
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I am a photographer and use Dropbox to deliver my images. I upload them in JPEG format. I've been extremely frustrated lately, because of my clients downloading the images with a weird desaturated tint. It is very obvious that the image is in different colour. I've asked the client and they download images directly from dropbox (no screenshots).

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @gudmormedia, welcome to our Community! 

How do you share your images with your clients? Have you tried downloading them on your end, and if you did were the results the same? 

Let me know more, and we'll take it from there! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

gudmormedia
New member | Level 2

yes, I have downloaded the images both on my laptop and my phone without no issues. It must be something with a browser and the color space that my client is using.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    Phil Anthony New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    gudmormedia New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?