cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We just wanted to say thank you! Check out our customer appreciation video here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Videos choppy after uploading

Videos choppy after uploading

Jordan_B
New member | Level 2

I have been taking HD videos with my iPhone and uploading them to dropbox for several months now. I do this by first syncing them to my computer (a Mac desktop) and then uploading to dropbox from there via the web browser. The videos vary from 30 seconds to 20 minutes. The past few times, a few random videos play back as choppy, as if the image is skipping rather than smooth. I thought perhaps it was just the playback on my computer, but others with whom I've shared them, both directly from dropbox or by uploading them to YouTube or Facebook, are experiencing the same thing. The videos are not choppy when I play back on my phone or after syncing from phone to computer - only once uploaded to dropbox. The turnaround time and other logistical details for the projects I'm using these for is such that checking each video and re-uploading the problematic ones is not a practical solution. Does anyone have any advice?

1 Reply 1

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Jordan_B; welcome to our Community!

As the issue seems to be affecting the preview of the files and not the files themselves (as you found out), I'd suggest downloading and opening them locally on your device(s) for the time being.

While we're at it, can you let me know what type of files are giving you this issue and if this persists after clearing your browser's cache or another browser?

Additionally, if you're comfortable with this, could you share a link to a sample video file (preferably created for testing purposes) that's showing this behavior so I can have a look from my end as well? 

On a side note, you can also use our mobile app to upload files directly to your account without having to take extra steps.

Please let me know what you find, Jordan. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?