cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Videos are choppy when I upload or download from Dropbox

Videos are choppy when I upload or download from Dropbox

jules_moradi
New member | Level 2

Hi all, 

When I upload videos I've taken on my phone to Dropbox, they're completely choppy when I play them back in my synced Windows folder. When I play them back on Dropbox web version they're okay, but when I download them from there, they're choppy again.

They seem to be okay when I open them with Photos, but not Media Player. Regardless, if I then upload to Canva, they're choppy, and I need to be able to edit them specifically in Canva.

I desperately need a solution. I've seen that other people have had this problem too but I can't see any solutions offered. I'm viewing them as MP4 files. 

Thanks, 

Jules

1 Reply 1

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @jules_moradi - sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Have you tried using another media player or downloading and installing a codec pack for your media players on your computer?

Does it happen with only one video, some or all? How are you uploading them to your account in the first place?

Let us know more and we'll take it from there, Jules.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?