cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Transcripts are not working - getting error messages

Video transcript error message

One Yoga
Explorer | Level 4

I keep getting the error message "There was an error loading the transcript" for all my videos when trying to generate a transcript. The length doesn't matter, it happens with 1-minute videos and 30- or 60- minute videos. The format is mp4. All videos are played correctly in the preview. The audio is clear and in English. Any suggestions?

64 Replies 64

joyful
Explorer | Level 4

I have this issue too on my audio file that I had been using, and I tested with other audio files too.

Yurijm
Helpful | Level 5

I'm having the same problem as well, it used to work normally and now all my video files are not showing the transcription. I heavily rely on this feature for my workflow! 😞

AKC333
Explorer | Level 4

I also have this issue. I am studying in a second language and the transcribe feature is essential for me! Cleared cache and tried different servers plus incognito. Is there any movement on how to solve this issue at all? Help please...

gepetobio
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Ben,

Any progress on this bug fix? I'm not the only paying user that relies on this feature on a daily basis. And this is affecting my workflow. Any update is better than no updates at all.

Thank you.

liwang
Dropbox Engineer

We have identified the potential cause, and one engineer is currently working on the solution. 

gepetobio
Helpful | Level 5

Thank you @liwang for the update. I really appreciate it 😉

liwang
Dropbox Engineer

The main problems should have been fixed. Please let me know if you are still experiencing issues. 

Yurijm
Helpful | Level 5

@liwang

@liwang wrote:

The main problems should have been fixed. Please let me know if you are still experiencing issues. 

@liwang Thank you, working for me now 🙂

gepetobio
Helpful | Level 5

@liwang 🎉 it's working again!!! Thank you and the engineer who sorted this out!!!

Loonheart
Explorer | Level 4

Doing the Happy Dance!   Transcript is up and running again. Thank you for your attention to this and for all the support. Very grateful.

Need more support?