cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Video transcript error message

Video transcript error message

One Yoga
Explorer | Level 4

I keep getting the error message "There was an error loading the transcript" for all my videos when trying to generate a transcript. The length doesn't matter, it happens with 1-minute videos and 30- or 60- minute videos. The format is mp4. All videos are played correctly in the preview. The audio is clear and in English. Any suggestions?

64 Replies 64

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @simonp_westcoast01, sorry to hear about this.

Are you seeing the same thing on other browsers as well?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Loonheart
Explorer | Level 4

Same issue as of July 17, 2024....Message "There was an error loading the transcript"

Was working fine up until that day.

Audio files are approximately 10MB....Audio only.   

please help, thank you

gepetobio
Helpful | Level 5

I'm having the same issue as well: "There was an error loading the transcript."

Usually it works like a charm. But, based on the last comments, it's happening with more people. 

For what is worth, I did try to use different browsers  (Arc, Safari, and Firefox), on incognito, all gave the same error. I'm the owner of the file too. And here's the screenshot.

pro-comm-acc-feedback_mov.jpg

BenDBX
Community Manager

Hi Everybody,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We're currently investigating. I will provide an update here when I have more information.

Ben

BT99
Explorer | Level 3

Screenshot (126).png

Caption issue. I have tried with other browsers also, caption is not working. Please let me know what to do. 

liwang
Dropbox Engineer

Sorry to hear about all these troubles. When you were testings, are you viewing the audios/videos without logging into Dropbox? Or it is failing even after you logged in to your Dropbox account? 

Cameron McIntosh
Explorer | Level 3

When I tried logging out and logging back in, it still gives me the same error message. 

Loonheart
Explorer | Level 4

For this user, I had been able to access the Transcript OK without logging into Dropbox, without copying and without downloading the file to Dropbox. Now it appears that the transcript function only works  IF I copy the file to Dropbox and then open...or if I download first.   Hope this helps. Still wanting the system to go back to how it was functioning as of a week ago....that Transcript would work without copying/downloading. thank you

liwang
Dropbox Engineer

Thanks a lot for sharing the details, very helpful! We are currently working on it.

caprov
Explorer | Level 3

When the function was working, I could get the transcript without being logged into my account. I can't recall if I ever 'logged' in when I was able to view and download the transcripts.

Now when I go to open a file,  it asks me to login to 'do more' with the file. Whether I am logged in or not, the transcript function does not work.  I am a user accessing someone else's video files through a 'rebrand.ly' link.

Need more support?