cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing doesn't work. A few files change and hours later they still haven't showed up to the web.

Syncing doesn't work. A few files change and hours later they still haven't showed up to the web.

XXX999
Explorer | Level 3

I wanted a solution to have files backed up online (typical dropbox) but I also  have certain files (a few handfuls) I need always available when I am offline (off the internet). I am often offline for extended periods of time and need those critical files.

I am using apple products, a laptop on ventura and mobile devices on the latest software.

Dropbox (paid version) has never worked correctly in the 2 months I have tried to use it:

1 - Sync doesn’t work.  A few files change and hours later (with the processes all running) and they still have not updated from the laptop to the web page, with a very strong internet access.

I have to manually upload the files from the laptop to dropbox via the dropbox webpage.

I have way less than the max number of files (about 25%), it uploads very quickly using the dropbox webpage, there is no other programs running (other than standard background processes) on a new computer with tons of power and space, but dropbox still won’t work correctly.

Screenshot 2023-04-18 at 6.44.42 PM.png

2 - Offline doesn’t work.  While the files are visible and can be accessed right after I do manual syncs, they get errors starting within days/weeks after being offline. These are critical files.

I get "unexpected" errors, and I get a triangle symbol.  Note:  One folder is never changed on any of the devices but that folder and it's individual files still becomes unaccessible when offline.  

I have gotten very little help from support, extremely frustrating with their lack of basic knowledge of how dropbox works on Ventura (big changes happened) and their lack of trouble shooting skills/knowledge.

This is my last ditch effort before disputing the charge (last rep said this was my best choice) to see if there is someone knowledgable that can provide acceptable workarounds for the bugs I am running into (and get them reported so they get fixed).

14 Replies 14

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @XXX999, just checking in with you, to let you know that I was able to locate your ticket number on our system. 

It seems that the case has been escalated to our Specialized agents, in order for them to have a closer look into this, and identify what's happening. Hang tight, and if you need anything else, please let me know!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Pdigilio, really sorry to see that you have an issue with your uploads.

Can you let me know how you're uploading the files, i.e. are you using the Dropbox desktop app, the website or the mobile app?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

So, you tried with the desktop and the mobile app? Or did you use a browser to login to Dropbox?

I'm not clear on that, sorry for asking again.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Rich
Super User II

@Pdigilio wrote:
I tried everything

Please be specific. We won't know how best to help you unless we can understand the exact steps you're using and the result you're seeing, including any errors that you may be receiving.

Telling my mechanic "my car doesn't work" doesn't help him troubleshoot the problem.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Pdigilio, we need to know the exact platform that you're using in order to troubleshoot correctly, and provide you with the appropriate next steps. 

You mentioned that you've tried everything: does that mean that you've tried uploading content using our website, desktop and mobile app and the result is still the same? 

Would you mind walking me through the exact steps that you take? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    Rich Super User II
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?