cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renamed files won't open

Renamed files won't open

Kpackett124
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello! 

So I've been reorganizing a shared folder by renaming all the files. For the first 30 mintues or so erverything was fine and I was able to view files that I had renamed. Then after I renamed one it showed a spaceship next to the name and all the other ones I had renamed showed the spaceship as well instead of the little preview. Now they won't open or download at all.

I tried going back to an older version using version history but it didn't work. 

Please help! This is a shared folder with my boss and I have to fix it before she sees. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kpackett124
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Nevermind! I'm an idiot and didn't realize I didn't keep the file extensions in the name. Just have to add .pdf back! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Kpackett124
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Nevermind! I'm an idiot and didn't realize I didn't keep the file extensions in the name. Just have to add .pdf back! 

lillianr1124
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Thank you for your message!!! I tried the .pdf but no luck. I looked at my videos that I didn't rename yet and saw that it said .mp4 so after I renamed my file I put.mp4 and it came back. Also my pictures I had to put .jpg and it came back. It's not gone just write the appropriate file name after what you name it as and you're set just go to your other files and see what it says in the last part of the file.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

lillianr1124 New member | Level 2
    Kpackett124 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?