cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality

Quality

Dirk9
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
My .mov video has a much lower quality in Dropbox. Why? How can a avoid the loss? Thank you!
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Dirk9 wrote:
My .mov video has a much lower quality in Dropbox. Why? How can a avoid the loss? Thank you!

If someone is viewing the video through the Dropbox website, they're viewing a transcoded preview of the original, with a lower quality and a shorter runtime (based on your account level). To view the video in its original quality it needs to be downloaded and viewed on a computer.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Dirk9 wrote:

If someone is viewing the video through the Dropbox website, they're viewing a transcoded preview of the original, with a lower quality and a shorter runtime (based on your account level). To view the video in its original quality it needs to be downloaded and viewed on a computer.

Dirk9
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Thank you for your kind help!
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Dirk9 Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?