cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On my Windows 11, the preview panel renders nothing for my images.

On my Windows 11, the preview panel renders nothing for my images.

JohnnyVegas
Explorer | Level 4

On one of my Windows 11 Machines I am having an issue in Windows Explorer where if I choose an image file, no preview is rendered.  Please note that it does not say "No preview available", it simply shows nothing in the preview panel.

I noticed I was running a beta version of Dropbox on this machine, so I uninstalled and then installed the latest stable version.  I did not delete the orphaned Dropbox folder; I simply reinstalled it and let it resynch against what was there.

No joy.

Here is what does work:

In Windows Explorer, select an image file that has this problem.  Change the selection to another file and then select the previous file.  Preview renders.  You have to do this *EXACTLY*.  It is not enough to select one file, then the next, then the next; you *MUST* select a file, select the next and then select the previous file.

That works 99.9% of the time.  If it doesn't work, you select the file that won't render a preview.  Close the preview panel and then open it again.  And the preview renders.

I *CANNOT* go through every image of every folder I have in dropbox.  Surely there's a setting someplace or some cache that needs to be cleared.

Any insights would be welcome.

11 Replies 11

JohnnyVegas
Explorer | Level 4

I want to make it clear to the support folks that this was not my answer to Hanna's question.

For me, the problem persists no matter what.  With Dropbox not running, my work-around doesn't work.  It starts working again once Dropbox is running again.

DBX_Pedro
Community Manager

Hi @JohnnyVegas ,

Thanks for reaching out.

We've passed your feedback onto the team and they're looking into it.

We'll update you as soon as we have any additional information we can share.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

DBX_Pedro Community Manager
    JohnnyVegas Explorer | Level 4
    shrimpgordita Explorer | Level 4
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?