cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unstable thumbnail pictures

Many thumbnails disappear as soon as I select a picture.

kenternst
Explorer | Level 4

Apparently the last upgrade has caused havoc with picture thumbnails. The file folders have a new look but the problem is when I open a folder it takes a very long time to load the thumbnails for the pictures. Worse yet. Many thumbnails disappear as soon as I select a picture. It's impossible for me to work on pictures when the thumbnails won't appear or disappear. 

20 Replies 20

kenternst
Explorer | Level 4

As I've mentioned, we have a very fast Starlink setup (30 to 110 MBPS speeds). We do everything on line daily. The only change was your last update when all this started. We travel full-time in a motorhome and do research, banking, communications, etc. with no problems. However, Dropbox has become unmanageable after your last update. If you can't offer any solutions, I will have no other option but to move my backup to another company. I'd rather not but trying to put the problem at my end isn't helping. This is a Dropbox software upgrade problem. 

Lakeysan
Explorer | Level 4
I'm having this exact same issue, Galaxy s22 Ultra, Android 14.

Thumbnails either don't load when i open the folder or they'll load but when i hold on 1 to start marking them for deleting or to move them, all the thumbnails change to generic icons, so unless i remember what each photo looks like before i start marking them, its impossible to move or delete multiple files at once.

neptunejcn
Explorer | Level 4
I am having the same problem after upgrading the app last night.

kenternst
Explorer | Level 4

Glad you're joining in on this problem. Tech support, so far, thinks the problem is me

BenDBX
Community Manager

Hi Everybody,

A recent Dropbox for Android update addressed a thumbnail loading issue. Please update your app to the newest version. If thumbnails are still failing to load and disappearing, let me know and we can investigate further.

Thanks,

Ben

Lakeysan
Explorer | Level 4
App Updated, Cache Cleared, Phone turned off, left for a few minutes then turned back on again. Problem still exists unfortunately.

BenDBX
Community Manager

Thanks @Lakeysan, I'll pass this along this and we'll continue to investigate.

kenternst
Explorer | Level 4

Sorry, but no change after updating your app and rebooting my tablet. Still difficult to get thumbnails to load and thumbnails still disappear after making one selection. 

kenternst
Explorer | Level 4

Is there an update coming to fix this issue? This has been going on way too long.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi everyone! I just wanted to mention that our team is currently working on a fix, so they’ll update you here as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?