cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make folder available to other apps on Android?

Make folder available to other apps on Android?

sargon2
New member | Level 2

I'd like to use Dropbox to sync Obsidian markdown files on my Android phone and tablet (since the official Obsidian sync corrupts my files).  How can I do that? I tried doing "Make available offline" but that didn't make the folder available to other apps, only within the Dropbox app.  I tried DropSync but that only syncs once every hour, which is not often enough for using Obsidian.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@sargon2 wrote:

I'd like to use Dropbox to sync Obsidian markdown files on my Android phone and tablet (since the official Obsidian sync corrupts my files).  How can I do that?

That's not really something that Dropbox can do automatically. There's no way to make a folder available to other apps on the device, and files or folders marked as available offline aren't directly accessible though the Android file system; only through the Dropbox app.

sargon2
New member | Level 2

Well Dropbox should get working on this feature then.  Making files and folders available across devices used to be Dropbox's core function.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

sargon2 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?