cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with videos not playing on my computer

Issues with videos not playing on my computer

TheDIYBaddie
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I am having some issues with my videos. When I want to play them, it only plays the audio and asks me to convert to MP4. I went back into my DB and saved all videos to MP4, but still it wont show. What is wrong and why is it not working? I need my videos to be automatically available as MP4 so if DP cannot do that, then I have to cancel my subscription as it is not helping me at all. Can anyone help?

1 Reply 1

Mark
Super User II

Dropbox is not a video editing system. Dropbox is a sycning system. It sync's exactly what files you put on it. You need to make sure that what is uploaded is playable. If it isnt then the codec/software on the device you are trying to play it on isnt available/installed or correct. Updating that may help. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?