cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Images moved from Macbook to Dropbox folders not showing thumbnails and not opening

Images moved from Macbook to Dropbox folders not showing thumbnails and not opening

FFI
Explorer | Level 3

I have a dropbox family account of which I am the owner. All the images I have moved from my macbook pro to dropbox folders show the thumbnails and open on double clicking when I first add them. However, when I go back to the folders a short time later, the thumbnail image no longer shows and I have to right click to choose preview to open them (even though it is set as default to open). The images have a cloud images next to them and show zero bytes.  If I edit them from dropbox the thumbnail appears again and opens ok. It is a pain having to open every image to see what the thumbnail is and is making my workflow much longer. I have gone into 'get info' and set preview to open all files of this type but it doesnt seem to make any difference. Dropbox is still at the top of the 'ope with' list when I right click the image to open it. Help please. I am in my sixties and not particularly technology savvy although manage just fine unless its technical. 

1 Reply 1

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hi there, @FFI, and thanks for reaching out to us.

If you select your images, right/control click on them and choose to make them available offline, does this issue go away?

Let me know.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?