cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to remove my files from Dropbox

I want to remove my files from Dropbox

Robert Paterson
Explorer | Level 3

can someone please advise how i can lodge an official complaint to dropbox , as i am getting no satisfaction via the chat option 

21 Replies 21

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @Robert Paterson, sorry to hear about this.

Could you let us know some additional information about the issue you're facing so that we can assist further?

As for your chat interaction with our support team, could you share your ticket ID so that we can look it up in our system?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Mark
Super User II

@Robert Paterson wrote:

can someone please advise how i can lodge an official complaint to dropbox , as i am getting no satisfaction via the chat option 

Simply put. You cant. There is no such escalation procedures of systems, unfortunately. 

Yes. Aware its madness. However, this is from experience 😞 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Robert Paterson
Explorer | Level 3

i have has 4 chats but only 3 ticket nos  22501740 ,22502470 and 22502835 , and still no resolution so far 

Rich
Super User II

@Robert Paterson wrote:

i have has 4 chats but only 3 ticket nos  22501740 ,22502470 and 22502835 , and still no resolution so far 

While @Walter is checking on the tickets, is the issue something that can be discussed here?

Robert Paterson
Explorer | Level 3

all i want to be able to do is export my data from drop box with no ties to drop box , but it looks like that is impossible , and no one has a solution , effectively your  are holding me to ransom, if i want access to my data, i have to keep paying a subscription , that is not on , i have had drop box for years with no issue but drop box is clogging my laptop with storage issues , son i have decided i an going to take my data off drop box , and anything you try to remove wont work , but i can share it no problem and it works ok on drop box , surely their is a easy way to remove from drop box , i am still waiting on a answer , you can put it on in seconds , but don't look to get it off with no ties to drop box , please prove me wrong as technical support have so far not resolved my issue we are 8 hours in with no solution 

Robert Paterson
Explorer | Level 3

i am verry disappointed with the whole experience , the company needs to support its product and why lock my files 

Mark
Super User II

So what exactly is the issue? 

Dropbox is a folder on your machine like any other. Simply make sure everything is 'available offline' and drag it out of the Dropbox folder if you want - same as you'd do on any other folder etc. Theres nothing else to do. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Robert Paterson
Explorer | Level 3
When we try that it comes up telling me the properties can’t be transferred over which renders the file useless , it works on drop box and if I share it on drop box it works , the file does not work when you export it to non drop box source , it does no matter what the file is it won’t work

Rich
Super User II

@Robert Paterson wrote:
the file does not work when you export it to non drop box source , it does no matter what the file is it won’t work

Is the file marked as Available Offline before you try to move it out of the Dropbox folder? If it's an Online-only file, you might be copying the place-holder file and not the actual file. Right-click a file (or many files, or a folder) and select Make available offline. Give it time to sync and wait until you see a green check mark on the file(s) before you try to move it out of the local Dropbox folder.

The message about copying or moving without the file's properties can usually be ignore. It just means that there's some extended metadata stored with the file that can't be stored on whatever drive you're copying it to and will be lost. This has nothing to do with the actual data in the file. It only refers to extended metadata.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    Robert Paterson Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?