cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant work out why my pictures dont open automatically on pc. How do I change default to auto open?

I cant work out why my pictures dont open automatically on pc. How do I change default to auto open?

fiona1968
Explorer | Level 4

I have had dropbox plus for awhile now, but the last couple of months when i am trying to upload a picture to my website from dropbox, i cant see any of the pictures to choose the one i want. All i get is the big e from explorer over every picture.. I have to click on the picture and even then it sometimes wont open. I uninstalled dropbox and reinstalled it and when i go into it, it is a new look and is awesome. I dont know what the pictures are opening with but it is great. Then i went  back to the website to upload another picture from dropbox and it is the bloody same e and wont open. How do i get the other part to open instead of the horrible version. I know e is on its way out but i cant work out how to get rid of it. This is what i get and it is so annoying. 

fiona1968_0-1699134858600.png

This is what the new installed version is like. How do i get rid of the above e version please and have this bottom screen to upload from?
Very frustrated..!

fiona1968_1-1699134962446.png

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@fiona1968 wrote:

All i get is the big e from explorer over every picture.

You've associated the image file type with Internet Explorer. Meaning, you told Windows to always open files of that type with Internet Explorer. You need to associate the file type with whatever program you want to use to open the images.

fiona1968
Explorer | Level 4

Thankyou. What should i use to open it for the best results please. I uninstalled Explorer and now i have some other photo icon up. Is there a recommended app for opening dropbox?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

fiona1968 Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?