cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How can I adjust the column width on the Dropbox website?

How can I adjust the column width on the Dropbox website?

TonUP
New member | Level 2

I cannot find an answer to my problem. I have seen it asked but no answers.

I have a customer that uses Dropbox to share building plans and specifications for me to quote jobs.

The folder names are being cut off so that I cannot read all of the folder information. I cannot find a way to adjust the column width or wrap the text.

I am viewing Dropbox / the folders in a Chrome based browser. Below is an example of the problem.

TonUP_0-1729009689530.png

3 Replies 3

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @TonUP, thanks for reaching out to us.

If you hover over the column names above your files, you should be able to see the bars (lines) that will allow you to adjust the width of the columns.

Can you check again and let me know what you find?

If you don't see the options, try from a different browser as well.

Keep me posted!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

TonUP
New member | Level 2

Hannah,

Thank you for the response, but hovering over the column titles doesn't do anything. It doesn't give me any options. I have tried using Brave, Chrome, and Edge with no difference.

TonUP_0-1729023056264.png

Rich
Super User II

@TonUP wrote:

... hovering over the column titles doesn't do anything. It doesn't give me any options.

It looks like you're viewing a shared link. There is no option to resize the columns when viewing a shared link. You would either need to download the folder and open it on your computer, or save the folder to your own Dropbox account and view it there, where there is an option to resize the columns.

907a6e1465bebad5016157f6fd5b2555.png

Need more support?