cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Search: show filters even without keyword

File Search: show filters even without keyword

gdali
New member | Level 2

When inside a given folder and trying to search using filters, I am only getting them once I add keyword in the search box. In the attached example, I had to enter the word 2024 in order for the filters to show up-

I would like the filter to show up even if no keyword or other criteria (e.g. Folder) is set in the search box, this would allow me to perform wider searches, especially useful since I am planning (but not yet convinced) to move thousands of pictures to Dropbox.

This a very common feature on other platforms

gdali_0-1722247969622.png

2 Replies 2

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi @gdali - thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on this with us.

I've passed your feedback on to the team and you can let us know if you have anything else to add.

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

simonDBX
Dropbox Product Manager

Hey @gdali! I'm a product manager on the Dropbox team. These fixed filters are currently only on Search but we're experimenting with bringing more filters directly into your folder view.

What are the main things you would like to be able to filter by? (Some examples might be: file type, last modified date, whether it's shared or not, theme of the content like keywords, etc)

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

simonDBX Dropbox Product Manager
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?