cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark Mode on Web suddenly, and I can't read comments.

Dark Mode on Web suddenly, and I can't read comments.

CChesnutt
Helpful | Level 6

I suddenly have a "Dark Mode" view on DropBox for web. While I think it's great this is finally available, I am now unable to read comments on files because there is black text on dark gray background. I can't even figure out how to turn it off in settings. I am using Chrome for OSX, Version 118.0.5993.70 (Official Build) (x86_64)
Screenshot 2023-10-16 at 11.21.46 AM.jpg

5 Replies 5

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @CChesnutt, let's jump right into this! 

As a first step, would you mind clarifying if you use a dark mode on your device, or with Chrome? 

Let me know more, and we'll take it from there! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

CChesnutt
Helpful | Level 6

Thanks, Megan. I use Dark Mode wherever I can. I had OSX set to Dark (I have had it this way for years). It appears that Chome uses the OSX settings (Light, Dark, or Auto). I could not find a setting ONLY for Chrome. But in the past, this has not been a problem as DropBox was always "light", even when I had my OSX settings set to Dark Mode. This is something that changed since last week, I now view "dark mode" in DropBox and I can't read the comments unless I change the entire settings of my operating system to Light mode.

simonDBX
Dropbox Product Manager

Hi @CChesnutt, thank you for flagging this bug to us! Our team is investigating so that we can resolve this ASAP.

You also mentioned that you weren't able to disable dark mode on just Dropbox. We're also currently working on a toggle that will allow you to override your device settings to stay on light mode or dark mode. Stay tuned for that!

CChesnutt
Helpful | Level 6

Thanks for the update...eagerly awaiting this feature to work correctly. 

harrydbx
Dropbox Engineer

Hi, I'm Harry, an engineer working on the file preview page. Thanks for spotting this. A fix is underway and should be available by end-of-day tomorrow. Thanks for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

harrydbx Dropbox Engineer
    CChesnutt Helpful | Level 6
    simonDBX Dropbox Product Manager
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?