cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Bring back the counter for selected files

Bring back the counter for selected files

Imagemaker
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

In the info section there used to be a counter for the number of files selected. I used this regularly to total up files for clients. I was very disappointed to  see that it had disappeared with the UI update recently.

It was a very useful feature for me. Please reinstate it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Imagemaker
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thanks for your reply. I have an update.
The screenshot was taken in Chrome. I tried in Safari also with the same result. However I tried it in the root folder and it worked as in your screenshot. I then tested other sub-foldera and it now appears!
So, I'm guessing it is something to do with me directly going to a sub-folder from a browser link since the UI update....
Anyhow, I'm glad it's working and I hope this helps if anyone else has an issue.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

derrickyee
Dropbox Product Manager
Go to solution

Hey! 

Do you have a potential screenshot of your page for reference of the missing counter?  There is a file counter on the number selected in the box under red. Is this what you were referring to? 

Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 10.13.05 PM.png

derrickyee
Dropbox Product Manager
Go to solution

This is the screenshot of file counter in the old design! It lives outside of the info blade.

Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 10.16.08 PM.png

Imagemaker
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thanks for your reply. I cannot see it as in your screenshot.

I've attached a copy of my screen on Chrome.

dBshot.png

derrickyee
Dropbox Product Manager
Go to solution

Thank you for the screenshot for reference. I will take this back to the team to investigate! 

Imagemaker
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thanks for your reply. I have an update.
The screenshot was taken in Chrome. I tried in Safari also with the same result. However I tried it in the root folder and it worked as in your screenshot. I then tested other sub-foldera and it now appears!
So, I'm guessing it is something to do with me directly going to a sub-folder from a browser link since the UI update....
Anyhow, I'm glad it's working and I hope this helps if anyone else has an issue.

Kandg
Helpful | Level 7

My file counter exactly as shown in your screenshot suddenly disappeared today 8/7/24.  How do I get it back?

Rich
Super User II

@Kandg wrote:

My file counter exactly as shown in your screenshot suddenly disappeared today 8/7/24.

99717be9658ef048f047e0bc23d58453.png

Kandg
Helpful | Level 7

Thanks!  When these little things are changed or updated how is it communicated to us users?  I looked in what is new section and nothing about this.  There are little things like this that change overnight on its own and are VERY frustrating.  I don't mind doing it a different way but show me what was changed and how to do it going forward.

Need more support?