cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automating File Sending from Dropbox to an Email Address

Automating File Sending from Dropbox to an Email Address

GD - 1972
Explorer | Level 4

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and am seeking guidance on whether the following task can be automated.

Each month, I need to send the files I've uploaded to my Dropbox account to a specific email address. Is there a way to automate this process?

To give you some background: I regularly upload my daily expenses in PDF format to my Dropbox account. Previously, my accountant would retrieve these files via a shared link I provided. However, he's now asked that I send the files directly to an email address, where his accounting software will automatically process them. He finds the previous method too time-consuming.

Maintaining my current workflow is important to me for a couple of reasons. First, having my own organized file structure in Dropbox allows me to easily retrieve specific expenses whenever needed. Second, I frequently upload files by simply scanning them with the Dropbox app, which is incredibly convenient.

Any advice or suggestions on how to automate this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II

There isnt a way to do this via Dropbox I'm afraid. 

The only thing I can think of is to look at something like IFTTT and see if they are produce some automation rules for you. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

GD - 1972
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks Mark, I will look intt IFFTT or zapier.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

GD - 1972 Explorer | Level 4
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?