cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Advice and Help please

Advice and Help please

johnacooke
New member | Level 2

In a moment of thoughtless, I foolishly allowed OneDrive to backup my computer. Now, nothing is where it should be.

Lost disturbingly, the contents of Dropbox seemes to be subsumed into a OneDrive folder, my familiar Dropbox has disappeared and I cannot find an icon to Dropbox anywhere. I should like to regain control of my Dropbox folder at least.

What can I do? Clearly, I should not have sanctioned OneDrive to backup - it seems a terrible mistake.

What also worries me is that I might lose my files and all my hard work.

Does anyone have a remedy? I am at wits end.

Thank you

1 Reply 1

Mason Duke
New member | Level 2

First, check if Dropbox is still installed by searching for it on your computer. If it’s not there, you can reinstall it from the Dropbox website. After that, check if your Dropbox folder is intact by navigating to it manually, usually found in your user folder (e.g., C:\Users\YourName\Dropbox).

Next, go into OneDrive and stop the backup from syncing your Dropbox folder. You can manage this through OneDrive’s settings by selecting which folders to stop backing up. After that, move any files mistakenly synced by OneDrive back into your Dropbox folder.

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes.

Need more support?