cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

404 error message when trying to open any Paper file. How to resolve this?

404 error message when trying to open any Paper file. How to resolve this?

tourmaline51
New member | Level 2

I get a 404 Error message when trying to open paper files - in the iPhone app, on my desktop, and online.  After reading other similar posts in the community, it's perhaps something contained in one of my files (though it is preventing me from opening ALL files).  

The latest file I created that seemed to cause the problems is a book recommendations list - I had a table with the images of the book covers in the first column, and additional columns for author, genre, description (copied from Amazon), etc.  I shared the link to this file with my book club (about 5 other people) I don't know if there was a copyright issue (as I've read in other message boards with the same error), but I deleted the file and still cannot seem to access any of my paper files.

I just moved my files from Evernote to Paper, but perhaps I'll have to find an alternate solution?

Any ideas?

1 Reply 1

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @tourmaline51, welcome to our Community!

Based on the error you received, it sounds like your sharing ability might have been temporarily suspended. You can find out more info at this Help Center article.

Can you check your emails, to see if you received any communications from us about this?

This will help me to assist further!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?