cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

duplicate photos without impacting storage

duplicate photos without impacting storage

eprparadox
Helpful | Level 5

i have lots of photos and videos that belong to multiple hierarchies.  for example if i'm on a trip and i record video of some concerts i'm at, i save those videos to a 'travel' folder organized by place and date and also to a music folder organized by the band i'm recording.  this is really handy as i can share the entire history of footage i have of that band with someone easily by sharing the the band folder and i don't have to wade through the other videos/pictures from the trip. 

ideally, i could do this without impacting storage.  after all, it is the same photo or video, and under the hood dropbox could just have two different pointers to the same video and i could share one pointer without sharing the other, thus not doubling the storage space.  i think this would be useful for a lot of users!

1 Reply 1

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @eprparadox - thanks for sharing your thoughts on this with us.

I've passed your feedback on to the team and you can let us know if you have anything else to add.

Thanks! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?