cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need enough space if I access and edit my Dropbox files from a mobile device?

Do I need enough space if I access and edit my Dropbox files from a mobile device?

Domitilla
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I'm thinking to pass to a tablet and use online apps.

Is it possibile to work directly online saving and accessing to my files all put on dropbox online?

I mean.. if I buy 2 Tera of space on dropbox but my tablet's hard drive has only 500 GB, what happens?

Thanks

D

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@Domitilla wrote:

... if I buy 2 Tera of space on dropbox but my tablet's hard drive has only 500 GB, what happens?

If the tablet is running a desktop operating system, such as Windows, you can install Dropbox and make use of the ability to mark files and folders as Online-only. Only the files that you open would sync down to the local drive.

If you have a mobile operating system such as iOS, Android, or Windows S Mode, then the Dropbox app doesn't store files locally, unless you mark them as available offline. The apps simply let you access the files in your account, downloading (temporarily) only those files that you open.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?