cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Where are the files that are using up my storage space?

Where are the files that are using up my storage space?

NRich
New member | Level 2

Hello,

My Dropbox account says I am over my storage limit; however, I don't see anything that's taking up the storage space. I previously had this account connected to a website with the Updraft plug-in. This box was used to store the website back-up files. Which, are what I'm looking for. I can see a folder called Apps>UpDraftPlus.com; however, when I click into the folder there aren't any files. There is nothing else attached to this account. No other files. 

There is a folder called PC, however. I have not placed any personal files in this Dropbox account nor have I authorized Dropbox to sync things from my computer.

Dropbox is saying I'm over my storage limit but the problem is I can't see any files that are taking up the storage. I'm looking for the last upload from the Updraft account. Is anyone able to tell me how to see the files that are consuming the storage?

5 Replies 5

maher1982
Super User

Hello, you can verify your personal Dropbox space on this page: Dropbox Space Management.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @NRich, sorry for jumping in. 

You mentioned that there’s a "PC" folder on your Dropbox account. 

Have you checked your Backups page here to make sure Dropbox Backup isn’t currently enabled and taking up space from your account? If it is, you can disable it this way.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

NRich
New member | Level 2

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for your help. I am trying to follow the instructions you gave; however, I was stumped right at the beginning. LOL In the "Delete your computer backup" instructions it asks me to: Click the Dropbox icon in your taskbar (Windows) or menu bar (Mac).
Click the Sync and Backups tab.

A couple things. On my computer the Dropbox Icon is on my desktop and looks like the first image I uploaded for you and when I click it (or double click it to be precise) It takes me to a file explore with an App file>UpdraftPlus>Empty.

When I go to the start menu and search Dropbox I get and Icon. When I click it nothing happens.

When I go onto the Dropbox website I do not see the Sync and Backups tab. 

I've added screenshots of all to make it a little clearer.

Desktop IconDesktop Icon

File ExplorerFile ExplorerStart menu Dropbox IconStart menu Dropbox IconInside the Dropbox WebsiteInside the Dropbox Website

NRich
New member | Level 2

Thank you. Yup, says its full.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the additional info, @NRich! The Dropbox icon you should click on to access the “Sync and Backups” tab is the one located in your system tray (at the right bottom side of your screen, where your clock settings should be showing). 

You can also check this Help Center article for more info.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?