cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are my referrals?

Where are my referrals?

agnesagnes
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Question to the Dropbox Support team: I've earned my 7 GB of storage in my basic plan through recommendations. Why are you minimizing it now to 2GB? Thank you in advance for answering.

15 Replies 15

xiix
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
As for verifying the email address, it's ridiculous. It clearly recognises that they have joined and allows them to also post on the community which they have.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@xiix wrote:
When my mum joined through my referral not long ago, it worked through her phone and that wasn't an issue. Downloaded onto her phone. Nothing to do with downloading to a laptop.

I don't know how that could be as it clearly states "desktop app" on the documentation, and it has always required an install on a unique computer.

xiix
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Well it's deceiving, as the other person joined through my referral on their own phone too but this time it hasn't worked.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@xiix wrote:
Well it's deceiving, as the other person joined through my referral on their own phone too but this time it hasn't worked.

Which it shouldnt do - because it isn't supposed to as per terms.

Personally you are probably better off just keeping quiet about it working previously so that said space isn't revoked as it shouldn't have been issued. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

xiix
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
There have been other people who have also not had their extra space too..some fortunately have probably had their issues resolved..but I'm not getting anything resolved by someone telling me to keep quiet.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@xiix wrote:
There have been other people who have also not had their extra space too..some fortunately have probably had their issues resolved..but I'm not getting anything resolved by someone telling me to keep quiet.

Because it isnt eligible by installing on a mobile device. As has been said - that's in the terms. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    xiix Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?