cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are my referrals?

Where are my referrals?

agnesagnes
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Question to the Dropbox Support team: I've earned my 7 GB of storage in my basic plan through recommendations. Why are you minimizing it now to 2GB? Thank you in advance for answering.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there, @agnesagnes, I hope you're doing well today! 

If I understand things right, it seems you've earned some additional space by using our referral system, and now you have some issues with the space in your account. 

Feel free to correct me if this isn't the case. Keep in mind, that we wouldn't be taking away your referrals in any case. 

Can you let me know more as to what your plan page reports? Do you see your existing referrals when you scroll all the way to the end? 

www.dropbox.com/referral_status will help as well.

Let me know more, and we'll take it from there! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there, @agnesagnes, I hope you're doing well today! 

If I understand things right, it seems you've earned some additional space by using our referral system, and now you have some issues with the space in your account. 

Feel free to correct me if this isn't the case. Keep in mind, that we wouldn't be taking away your referrals in any case. 

Can you let me know more as to what your plan page reports? Do you see your existing referrals when you scroll all the way to the end? 

www.dropbox.com/referral_status will help as well.

Let me know more, and we'll take it from there! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

xiix
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
How do I know if I have been given extra storage space when a friend accepts invitation? I've not had any notification. 🤔

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

www.dropbox.com/referral_status and www.dropbox.com/account/plan will help 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

xiix
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Hi

I can't seem to find where I can view storage space earned from people I've sent referrals to? How do I access the list of referrals too? On Android mobile app.

xiix
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Hi I have referred my dad to join Dropbox which he now has after clicking on the link referral..but it is saying ineligible. Can someone tell me where I can appeal this as he joined through my referral.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Its all online: 

www.dropbox.com/referral_status

www.dropbox.com/account/plan 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

xiix
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Also the person I sent link referral to has literally joined it through my referral and we haven't received free extra storage. How do we go about resolving this? He even downloaded the app..no such thing as confirming email. So confused

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@xiix wrote:
Also the person I sent link referral to has literally joined it through my referral and we haven't received free extra storage. How do we go about resolving this? He even downloaded the app..no such thing as confirming email. So confused

Did they install the Dropbox application on a unique computer? Mobile devices do not count. Refer to the following help article for information on how to verify an email account.

xiix
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
When my mum joined through my referral not long ago, it worked through her phone and that wasn't an issue. Downloaded onto her phone. Nothing to do with downloading to a laptop.

This was no different, it was again downloaded on their phone but this time it's not working.

We live together but not seeing what the issue is with that.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    xiix Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?