cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck syncing thousands of files on my Mac.

Stuck syncing thousands of files on my Mac.

ANDLL1
New member | Level 2

I was recently experiencing slow syncing on my work account (while hot-spotting from my phone) so I updated my selective sync settings to only link to specific folders, but that made the 'syncing files' number jump into the thousands. After reading advice on other dropbox pages, I then tried to make the files offline only, but that made the 'syncing files' number jump to over 150k. I am now exclusively on wifi. Two days ago it dropped to 68k but has been stuck ever since. I've tried quitting dropbox and restarting my computer multiple times but nothing is working. I'm on a Mac. Looking for help getting the syncing files numbers down/making it so I can see files that have been added in the last week and so my team can see files I've worked on.

1 Reply 1

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @ANDLL1, let's jump right into this!

Can you clarify the OS you're using on your desktop, along with the version of the Dropbox app that you use there, and the precise syncing status?

Also, can you click on your avatar in the app's preferences and then on the 'View sync issues' option? Are there any files listed there? That'll help me have a clear idea on what steps we should follow next. 

Let me know more!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?