cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Storage for new basic account bigger than old ones

Storage for new basic account bigger than old ones

CCH075
New member | Level 2

I sent a dropbox account invite to a friend to add extra storage to my own basic account. The new basic account created for my friend is bigger  (5GB vs 2GB). That seems strange that a new account is bigger then old basic existing one. Is there a way to increase the old account storage to at least the new standard?

4 Replies 4

Mark
Super User II

Dropbox basic accounts start at 2gb. That hasnt changed. 

If a user has more than that they've got referral space, or, a bonus from somewhere (Quicken possibly?) 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

CCH075
New member | Level 2

That person never had a Dropbox  account. Once that person finished the account setup, it had 5GB of storage without doing anything else.

BenDBX
Community Manager

Hi @CCH075,

Would you mind if we reached out to you via email to look into this further?

Regards,

Ben

CCH075
New member | Level 2

Hi ben,

Yes, go ahead and contact me via email.

Thanks,

CCH075

Need more support?