cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in learning how media industry leaders use Dropbox Replay? Register for our webinar here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared content takes up my own quota too, even though the owner has enough space in their account.

Shared content takes up my own quota too, even though the owner has enough space in their account.

AnthonyDimovski
Explorer | Level 4

AnthonyDimovski_0-1719620135536.png

Hello, I'm having trouble sharing/syncing my files with my Boss's shared Dropbox because of my 2gb quota. I'm sure he has a pro or business account so he should have a ton of space for my files.

He has granted me access to his Dropbox, but is there anything else I should be doing on my end? I've tried searching the forums for an answer but couldn't get a straight answer. The same problem seems to be consistent for the rest of my team as well

Thank you!

Anthony D.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

@AnthonyDimovski wrote:

I'm sure he has a pro or business account so he should have a ton of space for my files.

That's not how it works. You share a folder with him, but you don't share space. You're still limited to the amount of space available in your own account. Since you have your own copy of the share in your account, it takes up space in your account.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@AnthonyDimovski wrote:

I'm sure he has a pro or business account so he should have a ton of space for my files.

That's not how it works. You share a folder with him, but you don't share space. You're still limited to the amount of space available in your own account. Since you have your own copy of the share in your account, it takes up space in your account.

AnthonyDimovski
Explorer | Level 4

Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

AnthonyDimovski Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?