cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeing that my Dropbox account is full, even though I'm on the Backup plan

Seeing that my Dropbox account is full, even though I'm on the Backup plan

rasikanandana
Explorer | Level 3

rasikanandana_0-1711948420953.png

6 Replies 6

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @rasikanandana, and thanks for posting here!

Has your external drive backup been paused? Did you add more files to your external drive and they’re no longer being backed up to your Dropbox account? 

In general, it’s true that the Backup plan offers the possibility to back up one computer and one external drive backup, but this won’t apply for any files you try to add directly to your Dropbox account (that aren’t located in a backed up folder/drive). 

If you'd like me to clarify something else though, let me know.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

rasikanandana
Explorer | Level 3

earlier I have totally 3.25 GB before add the unlimited backup for the external drive.

But now I don't have any space in my regular drop box account as it filled with external drive backup . but not in the regular storage folder. backup uploaded to a different location in your system. I can't upload any file to my regular storage now . but i use only 116MB +279.2 MB only. Backup should be separated from the personal drop box I already have.  Dropbox backup trial mess-up my regular storage and it is a technical issue of the drobox. 

rasikanandana_1-1711971239680.png

rasikanandana
Explorer | Level 3

I have added external drive using the dropbox backup software and the backup uploaded to a different location as below  and not in to my regular dropbox. but the storage space of regular drop box can't use now. 

rasikanandana_2-1711971662002.png

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for these screenshots! Before switching to the Backup plan, did you have external drive backup enabled on your free account? 

Did your Dropbox account go recently out of space, or has it been showing over-quota ever since the upgrade to the Backup plan?

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

rasikanandana
Explorer | Level 3

No.

""Thanks for these screenshots! Before switching to the Backup plan, did you have external drive backup enabled on your free account? " NO

"Did your Dropbox account go recently out of space NO

, or has it been showing over-quota ever since the upgrade to the Backup plan? "  YES, just after adding the unlimited backup plan, even it is storing in a separate location https://www.dropbox.com/backup

rasikanandana_0-1712875143193.png

rasikanandana_1-1712875224381.png

It is a technical issue of the Dropbox  that has not yet been resolved ( I have contacted technical team via email two weeks ago and still they are working on it)

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @rasikanandana, the backups page (https://www.dropbox.com/backup/all) is not really a separate location; it's just the place where you can access your backups from.

Can you please give us the ticket number for your communication with our support team, so we can have a look as well?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    rasikanandana Explorer | Level 3
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?