cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No free space after deleting files

No free space after deleting files

Robert M.69
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have deleted permanently the files and deleted cache from my computer but still I have no space available. All I get is a prompt to buy more space, including any help and troubleshooting link. Anybody else had the same problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan O.10
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi Robert and Jim,

If your accounts are over quota even after deleting files, there must still be files left in your accounts. If you delete everything in your account at www.dropbox.com/home, your quota usage will be 0, and you will no longer be above quota.

You may be interested in increasing your storage quota. There's a range of different ways to do this:

https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/15

Best regards,
Andreas

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Deleted files do not use quota. So permanently deleting files will make no difference. 

What does Dropbox say if you mouse over its icon on your status bar? What does www.dropbox.com/account show?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Robert M.69
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It just says that I used 2.1GB of my 2GB allowance

I still cannot add anything

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Because as it says you've used too much data. 

You need to go to www.dropbox.com/home and delete more. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Robert M.69
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

No, I have deleted everything. And it still says the same

jim m.64
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

My Dropbox says "Dropbox is full"

So i deleated files and it still says full.

I also have been saving work files to a paid work Dropbox but the file sizes are applied to my account.

Jonathan O.10
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi Robert and Jim,

If your accounts are over quota even after deleting files, there must still be files left in your accounts. If you delete everything in your account at www.dropbox.com/home, your quota usage will be 0, and you will no longer be above quota.

You may be interested in increasing your storage quota. There's a range of different ways to do this:

https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/15

Best regards,
Andreas

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jonathan O.10 New member | Level 1
    jim m.64 New member | Level 1
    Robert M.69 New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?