cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No additional space on Business Advanced

No additional space on Business Advanced

ggtello
Helpful | Level 6

Dear community,

I'm here to advice that the support have been denying us additional space for two weeks, first telling us that there was a momentary problem, then that we had made a request before the 7 days, then again (after waiting 7 days) that there is a problem which however is not written by Nowhere.

We're really worried about that because they don't give us any timelines and the fact that the problem doesn't exist on the dropbox status page and that nobody else talks about it seems a bit suspicious.

I don't like writing these posts but we are really worried don't you think? Are any of you having similar problems? do they only have it with us?

615 Replies 615

alexchng88
Helpful | Level 6
I just spoke to chat and he confirmed that it is 1TB/month

Collection-of-Letters
Helpful | Level 5

Same response that I got. I'll be migrating away from Dropbox again after this. Don't care about their stupid Add-On options to be honest. Would have gladly paid more if they honest up front up about it.

Mark
Super User II

@benhum wrote:

I'm looking at the current (UK) pricing page: https://www.dropbox.com/en_GB/plans

Has the description always read "As much space as needed, once purchased"?

Yes - it means that you cannot get extra space if on a Trial. 

However, I suspect it is going to change soon.... maybe worth getting screengrabs now!?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Richard Eltink
Explorer | Level 4

I Already sent a mail 2 days ago asking for extra terabytes,  but no answers yet.

Its very strange if they say how much space as u needed but when u need they dont add  at all!!

i cant work for 2 days now, maybe i had stay on another cloud provider.

onlyone311
Explorer | Level 4

there's no support on weekends, try to open the chat and ask for more space

Richard Eltink
Explorer | Level 4

No, i had support this weekend, i got one guy on the chat.

and i have mailed, twice.

Shamrock22
Helpful | Level 7

I do not understand why the business-advanced offer is still sold on the website when they cannot even fullfill the contracts they already made with us.

If stacking up on capacity is temporarily limited then please stop making new contracts until the situation is under control again

Collection-of-Letters
Helpful | Level 5

To be honest, like this, I think they'll end up losing customers more than gaining new ones

pete_
Helpful | Level 6

confirmed:

We are currently seeing unexpected growth across Dropbox Advanced, and as a result are currently only able to grant 1 TB per month per team.
If your team needs more than 1 TB per month, you can purchase a space pack from https://www.dropbox.com/plans.

We understand this may be frustrating and are working to resolve this for our customers.

This is a temporary measure we have put in place due to unexpected growth across Dropbox Advanced. We do not yet have an estimate as to when we will be able to grant larger quota increases.

no information visible on the additional space packs, still the "As much space as needed, once purchased" is falsely promoted.

Tomato2515
Explorer | Level 4

Dear Dropbox staff: Read and treat this seriously! Please pass this along to the appropriate department for handling. Thank you.

TLDR: Due to Google Workspace enforcing storage limits; users are migrating hundreds of TB of encrypted data (movies, TV) for use on their Plex servers (they mount and stream data from Dropbox with a tool called Rclone, so they don't have to pay the high cost of storing locally. Link to the tool: https://rclone.org/) . They then sell access to these Plex servers for a monthly paid subscription. This is considered a breach of Dropbox's AUP and these accounts should be banned.

Summary: Google Workspace was not enforcing storage limits and was being abused by people uploading hundreds of TB (even PB) of encrypted data (so they can't even de-duplicate the data) to Google Drive.

Google at the start of March 2023 decided to put a halt to this and is now enforcing storage limits. Users are now looking for a new unlimited cloud storage options. Enter Dropbox. You can see people discussing and pooling together for Dropbox Advanced this on this forum: https://forum.rclone.org/t/dropbox-unlimited-plan-looking-for-other-persons and here: https://forum.rclone.org/t/unlimited-alternatives-to-google-drive-what-are-the-options

This is where the huge influx of data is coming from per your notice:

We are currently seeing unexpected growth across Dropbox Advanced, and as a result are currently only able to grant 1 TB per month per team.
If your team needs more than 1 TB per month, you can purchase a space pack from https://www.dropbox.com/plans

We understand this may be frustrating and are working to resolve this for our customers.

This is a temporary measure we have put in place due to unexpected growth across Dropbox Advanced. We do not yet have an estimate as to when we will be able to grant larger quota increases.

How to solve this: Easily. You are looking for Dropbox Advanced accounts created in March 2023 or after and have 3 users only (usually) and tons of data taken up by encrypted files (basically gibberish). Some accounts may have been created early than March 2023, but still fit the criteria of using TONS of data.

Please investigate this and close the accounts abusing the service Dropbox provides. Thank you.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

dsucx New member | Level 2
    Mrleosir1 New member | Level 2
    OfficeInCT Collaborator | Level 9
    dropby Helpful | Level 6
    ggtello Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?